Safeguarding Looked After Children: Exploring Emotional Wellbeing by Understanding Serious Self - Harm
25th April 2022 - Virtual Conference
Start time: 12:15 hrs
This half-day intercollegiate level 3 and 4 conference is directed at all professionals whose work brings them into contact with vulnerable children (Looked after Children and Children in Need of Safeguarding).
It aims to help update and refresh the knowledge, skills and competences of health care staff and professionals.
"Healthcare staff working with this group of children and their carers must have the right knowledge, skills, attitudes and values.....access to highly skilled and knowledgeable health practitioners results in improved outcomes, enabling young people to achieve their full potential"
- Looked after Children: roles and competencies of healthcare staff: December 2020
"......to fulfil these responsibilities, it is the duty of healthcare organisations to ensure that all health staff have access to appropriate safeguarding/ child protection training, learning opportunities.... "
- Safeguarding Children and Young People: Roles and Competencies for Healthcare Staff Fourth edition: January 2019
The conference will cover:
- Teen suicide and invisible men: Safeguarding – Young Suicide Prevention
- Suicide pacts and contagion in adolescents– learning from Bridgend
- Practise Hope and parent survival: a lived experience
- Olly's Future: a movement to prevent young suicides
- Self-Harm and Suicide Prevention Pathways for Children and Young People
Who Should Attend:
This conference is aimed at doctors and other health and social care professionals who work in Safeguarding or with Looked after Children and young people.
It will be of particular interest to designated nurses, designated doctors, named nurses, named doctors & agency medical advisers and specialist advisers for Looked after Children and Safeguarding as well as paediatricians, child psychologists, child psychiatrists, children’s nurses, health visitors, school nurses, GPs, allied health professionals, sexual health staff and midwives.
Dr Lin Ray-Graham, Designated Nurse for Looked after Children
Emma Baars, CEO of Olly’s Future
Dr Alex Doig, Consultant Psychiatrist Richmond CAMHS
Kelly Thorpe, Head of Helpline Services, Papyrus
Graeme Markwell, Senior Public Health Lead
The cost of attendance is
£75 if paying online
£85 if paying by invoice to your employer (PO number required).
All prices are inclusive of your conference slides
“Speakers were excellent.”