Safeguarding Looked After Children
Wed Sep 25, 2019
Safeguarding Looked After Children
Wed Sep 25, 2019
The conference fee includes coffee, tea and other refreshments, and a copy of the conference handbook.
All bookings will be confirmed by e-mail unless otherwise stated. Please contact us if you have not received your confirmation 10 days following the submission of your booking.
The Company reserves the right to change the conference speakers in case of illness or other conditions beyond its control. Speakers confirmed at time of going to print.
Payment can be made by cheque or an invoice sent to your employer. Cheques should be made payable to Health Safeguarding and sent to SBC House, Restmor Way, SM6 7AH. Payments should be made prior to the conference. The Company reserves the right to cancel a booking if payment is not made 6 weeks prior to the conference taking place. Any outstanding payment becomes the responsibility of the signatory made on the reservation form. Cancellation of booking Written cancellation received 6 weeks prior to the conference will be accepted and a refund of 90% of the booking charge will be made. After this date, no refunds can be given. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted. If written cancellation is not received 6 weeks prior to the conference full payment will still be due irrespective of whether the delegate attends the conference. If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate may be able to attend. This must be received in writing one week prior to the conference.
Loss or Damage
The Company does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to delegates own property and/or personal effects whilst at the conference. The Company does not accept any liability for loss or damage to personal effects caused by events beyond its control – including (but without limitation) fire, flood, strikes, civil disturbances or for consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
Terms & Conditions of Website:
The term health safeguarding or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is . Our company registration number is . The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Health Safeguarding is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Health Safeguarding UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What is Collected
Health Safeguarding collects information when:
- You register to attend a conference.
In this case, we collect your name, job title, organisation, address, telephone number and email address. The information is added to our secure database in order to process your booking.
- Submitting an abstract for an event run by Health Safeguarding.
- Your name, organisation, telephone number and email address.
- Submitting a contact form.
- Your name, email and phone number and, of course. This information is stored briefly while it is converted into an email message which is then sent.
- You register to receive updates.
- Your name, job title, organisation, address, telephone number and email address.
- The information is added to our secure database for informing you about future events.
- You begin a booking but do not complete it; the site stores this information and it is used for follow up.
When you visit the site and Google Analytics is used to track your path through the site. This information is aggregated and presented in a way that allows improvement the site, but we cannot identify a particular user.
What we do with the information.
We require the information to process your booking.
Payments for events are handled by Paypal, and Health Safeguarding does not store any credit/debit card information.
Health Safeguarding are not responsible for information stored on the Paypal servers.
Marketing: To inform you of future events and news related to the conference/s you book/express an interest in and your job role.
You can opt out from receiving these emails by clicking on the relevant links or contacting us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links you leave Health Safeguarding, you should note that Health Safeguarding do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, Health Safeguarding cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR comes into force on the 25th May 2018.
The GDPR requires Health Safeguarding to state the lawful basis for the processing activity that it perform. Registering to attend a Health Safeguarding event provides an implicit contract between the delegate and Health Safeguarding. The personal information is required to allow Health Safeguarding to provide this service.
Access to your Information & Correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Health Safeguarding is the data controller.
The 'Processor' is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller. For Health Safeguarding this is the Director. To contact, use the link to ‘Contact Us’ link on this website.